Friday, August 12, 2005

I had the opportunity to attend a Willow Creek Leadership Summit through one of their simulcasts at a church near us. It was wonderful and challenging. But what was more inspiring was getting to meet and get to know several of the people from MCC. Being at that summit prompted so much discussion with them and I felt that I could genuinely be myself and that was tremendously enjoyable. MCC wants to change ordinary people into extraordinary followers of Christ and it is really inspiring to be around that. I have been so impressed, but more inspired by this followers of Christ who have taken time out of their week and work to discuss leadership and to worship. The conversations I have had with them have done most of that inspiring. They talk about their church and their community and the love they have for both is evident. Beyond that, I had a conversation with two women about missions and how they want their church to have long term goals and commitment in missions and their love for the world is evident. It is inspiring because all of the people I have encountered this week have a shared vision of what God can do in New England and in the world through their church. This value permeates all they do throughout the week. It started with the programming team meeting I joined on Monday morning. Their goals are decided by this value that they want their community and church to be changed into extraordinary followers for Christ. It is also helpful for me just to have a little time here to be a sponge. Several people here really want to help me learn and grow and it has been a really encouraging week in that sense. I have been really thankful for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home