Blue Eyes
I was inspired this morning- read a lovely post from a blogging aunt about how she met her husband:
(http://writingandliving.blogspot.com/2005/02/one-sunday-in-february.html)
Made me think of my own blue eyed husband.
I was nottaken with him right away but we met when we were 12 and 13 years old. He froze in place when I was in the room and to me, who admired loudness and quick speaking because it seemed to indicate to me quick and intelligent thinking, I was not impressed with this quiet bowl cut and baggy jeans wearing boy.
It's difficult to learn that you're wrong about things during the all wise ages of 16 and 17, but I did- when he speaks, I still listen and when he laughs out loud, I still cherish it.
But what turned me around was when he stood up to me. When I was being obnoxious or bossy or grabbing attention for myself, instead of giving in like some or running away like others, he was the real man of the bunch, said truthful things and let me be better than I was. Amazing that this same person is the person who knows the deepest things and the ugliest moments and still wants to be with me.
In all my crazy dreams of princess like romance as a girl of 16, the boy meets girl story started out with being thrown together in some crazy scheme until he can't help himself but fall in love with me. How refreshing it is to find something so much better- the person who was there through it all, the friend who chose to stay and chose (& chooses!) to love every day.
This weekend is the 5th anniversary of when he looked up at me with blue eyes and asked me to be his wife. I'm still regretting the fact that I cried so hard that I couldn't hear his words, but as I've learned through him, actions mean more.


1 Comments:
We are all blessed to have your blue-eyed husband in our family!Very sweet blog!
love you both,
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home