Monday, August 22, 2005

Sunday August 21

This weekend I had the opportunity to help Cheri, this week's technical director. It was really exciting to do something new. But also I'm still learning how to work with different people and when to be quiet and when to be more assertive. Twice this week while John was gone, I felt like I did the opposite of what I needed to do. One situation I felt like I should have spoken up more, but to be honest I was hesistant to do so with John gone and because I'm just the intern and I'm just trying to observe and learn right now more than do. I'm also struggling with how I can get to know other people in the church besides the vocal team, band, programming teams that I work with and the women's small group that I attend. From where I was in the sound room yesterday, I was looking out at the church and I didn't know but two of them. I also don't want to push too hard to get to know people which is the moment from this week where I felt like I should have been quieter. Anyway, so I just trying to keep working through this season of learning. By the way, describing things as "seasons" is an MCC favorite word as I have heard it literally every day I have been here. I like the way they phrase it. It has a lot of grace in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger isaac said...

"seasons," very Jack Hayford.

I'm going to try to give you guys a call on Wednesday. The beginning of the semester has been as expected, crazy.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home