Saturday, October 29, 2005

There are places I remember..

I had a great point of connection with a member of the choir this week. In a conversation on Tuesday with her, she and I discovered that we were baptized the same month of the same year: March 91. It was really cool to think about what God was doing in CA on a beach in an adult in a dramatic way and what he was doing in a girl through her family and Grandpa H. in St. Louis at the same time. Anyway, all week I thought about what a delight that conversation was and how it made me think of a conversation I had with my Grandpa around that time standing in that tiny parsonage in Caruthersville in that narrow area in the kitchen right after you came in from the hallway. Last night I remembered that house very vividly and the smell that was in that hallway and how warm it always was. It was oddly enough my favorite place to be at age 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home