Retreats, Deuteronomy, and the Cardinals
ANSWER: where I was, what I'm reading, and the greatest baseball team in the league.
The church sends a worship team to Camp Berea (which is beautiful and steep in the walking) every year for both weekends of their women's retreat. This was the first weekend and I sang alto this time. Michele dragged me to a craft time that I actually ended up enjoying. Also, she and I went to the seminar led by another woman from our church. It was awesome. She talked about pursuing God and spiritual pathways. They are 1) relational, 2)intellectual, 3)worship, 4)serving, 5)activist, 6)contemplative, & 7)creation. She talked about how each of us pursue God and connect with him in different ways because we're different people. So, anyway, I took the test thing and guess what I was. yeah, relational and worship by far. That answer's not a big surprise to my husband or my parents or anyone that's met me.
Anyway, the whole weekend was full of encouragement and affirmation as well as some time for reading. Both Deuteronomy and a book I'm finally finishing. It's great so here's the recommending time. A Question of God by A. Nicholi (I think that's his name cause I left my book in the car) It's the book that places Freud and C.S. Lewis' defenses of their individual worldviews side by side and demonstrates how those worldviews were played out in their lives in relating to important issues like life and how we treat other people and grief and death. It also has me finally reading some of C.S. Lewis. I read Till We have Faces last week and I need to read more of his books. I may even finally read the Chronicles of Narnia. maybe.
or I guess I'll just see the movie. :)


1 Comments:
read the books first :p
Till We Have Faces is a good way to get people into reading C.S. Lewis. It's the sample cup of Senseo coffee that makes you buy the whole machine.
Post a Comment
<< Home