Standing Water
I'm feeling a little stagnant. Everything kind of developed into a routine here. There was so much growth and learning new names, faces, and trying new things at the beginning. There's not that same feeling. But I guess that's okay.
Last night I was reminded of the last thing that dad said to me in august before they left. I mean the last thing other than remember who's you are. He said something about allowing the person who's behind the scenes or the person who may fade into background (I can't remember exactly what he said, but you know who I mean) allowing those people to shine.. to bring them out so that their gifts are used in the Church. That's been my goal. Back in October when John suggested sending thank you cards to the people who helped with the painting PROJECT, it was an opportunity to do that. The stage director who did so much to help us was shocked that I sent him a thank you card and it energized him. He always wants to help. He seeks out ways he can help us for christmas or any ways he can help us weekly.
But last night it was an unassuming vocal team soprano who doesn't expect much. She's sweet and she works hard and loves to be there. John thought it'd be great to use her to sing a lovely! and gentle arrangement of O Holy Night on the 27th during communion as we begin our Christmas series. She was shocked and when she and I talked about how well she's doing and how it was exciting for us to use her there, she almost cried. We talked about how it is just comfortable to listen to her and watch her sing. and since this is something new to have someone sing while communion is being served, we needed someone that people trust singing it. That's Sarah. When you watch her sing, it's comfortable and you connect and you trust her. She didn't know that before last night, but I hope she does now. And I hope on the 27th, knowing that helps her relax and own a song the way she really can. I'm so excited and privileged to watch that happen. Sarah's gonna be great.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home